The JEWISH FEDERATION OF NEW MEXICO partners with Jewish organizations to
meet the needs of Jews in New Mexico, Israel and worldwide through LEADERSHIP, PHILANTHROPY,
EDUCATION and SOCIAL ACTION.
We accomplish this by:
- Prioritizing, funding and implementing programs that meet the needs of Jews of all ages in New Mexico;
- Strengthening Jewish identity and participation among Jewish New Mexicans;
- Providing a voice for the Jewish community that addresses critical issues and celebrates Jewish life;
- Sponsoring programs that inspire and develop multi-generational Jewish leadership;
- Supporting Israel and Jews in need around the world and by mobilizing the Jewish community to
respond to humanitarian crises.
JFNM is a part of the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), which works with local Federations
across the U.S. and around the world.
Greetings from JFNM’s New Executive Director
It is with great pleasure and a deep sense of humility that I join your community as executive director of the Jewish Federation of New Mexico. My wife, Taina, and I have been New Mexico residents for mere days, and yet we have experienced an outpouring of warmth, friendship, and genuine excitement for our arrival that has been unexpected and very poignant for us. We are honored to be here, and we are eager to become active, visible contributors to Jewish life in New Mexico.
PJ Library: Jewish Children's Books for Our Community
Do you know a Jewish child in New Mexico younger than nine years old? Would you like that child to receive a developmentally appropriate Jewish book every month? If so, please have his or her parent click here to sign them up today!
In conjunction with the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, and with the help of many of our synagogues and the JCC, the Jewish Federation of New Mexico runs and manages this program which already provides books to 300 Jewish children around our state. This is an incredible way to increase Judaic literacy and connection. PJ Library is in almost every country on earth where there is a sizeable Jewish community, in the US, Canada, Mexico, the UK, Australia, Russia, and it serves all children (regardless of religion) in Israel. It is also having a real impact in New Mexico.
This is part of what your federation provides.