The JEWISH FEDERATION OF NEW MEXICO partners with Jewish organizations to meet the needs of Jews in New Mexico, Israel and worldwide through LEADERSHIP, PHILANTHROPY, EDUCATION and SOCIAL ACTION.Donate Now
We accomplish this by:
- Prioritizing, funding and implementing programs that meet the needs of Jews of all ages in New Mexico;
- Strengthening Jewish identity and participation among Jewish New Mexicans;
- Providing a voice for the Jewish community that addresses critical issues and celebrates Jewish life;
- Sponsoring programs that inspire and develop multi-generational Jewish leadership;
- Supporting Israel and Jews in need around the world and by mobilizing the Jewish community to respond to humanitarian crises.
JFNM is a part of the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), which works with local Federations across the U.S. and around the world.
We can’t silence them. But we can try and soften their impact on the lives of the children and families living under their blare.
On July 7, Israel launched Operation Protective Edge to intensify defensive efforts against Hamas. To date, hundreds of powerful rockets have been fired on Israeli cities from Gaza. Three-quarters of Israelis lie within their range, but no one is immune to their effects.
“No country on Earth would remain passive in the face of hundreds of rockets fired on its cities,” said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, “and Israel is no exception.” The IDF has mobilized its troops along the Gaza border and called up tens of thousands of reserve soldiers, and the entire country remains on edge.
As hostilities escalate and urgent needs grow, we in North America stand shoulder to shoulder with all Israelis.
Here’s what the Jewish Federation’s partnering agencies in Israel are doing:
- Moving 36,000 children out of harm’s way for respite in camps
- Making immediate SOS Grants of $1,000 to victims’ families
- Offering trauma counseling for the elderly, disabled and immigrants
- Refurbishing hundreds of bomb shelters
- Supporting 2,500 new immigrants overwhelmed by the current situation
- Delivering meals to homebound seniors who rely on JDC day care centers
- Running activities for children from low-income families in the range of the rocket fire
- Creating a manual with emergency protocols for people with disabilities
- Providing crucial database information to temporary caseworkers working with elderly and disabled residents in 13 locations across the south
- Holding science and technology summer camps in a youth village in northern Israel for 500 children from the Sha’ar HaNegev municipalityMinimizing children’s trauma at all affiliated schools and programs
With JFNA support, our partners were able to act immediately. But with the sirens still blaring, they need our ongoing support.
Donate on-line today to the Stop the Sirens Emergency Campaign:
You can also send a check — with “Stop the Sirens” in the memo line — to
The Jewish Federation of New Mexico
5520 Wyoming Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Or, please call the JFNM at (505) 821-3214 to make a credit card contribution.